<VV> Seat belt brackets, anyone?

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Mon Jun 25 03:01:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

If anyone has brackets like those shown in the following picture for
sale--used or NOS--please let me know. I have tracked down most of what I
need but not completely.

http://www.corvairkid.com/articles/images/brackets.jpg

There are two types of brackets in the picture:

1) The two-piece bracket shown "in the flesh". These were used in '64 FCs
and possibly other years too and also rear belts for '64 cars and possibly
other years too. The larger bracket has "ID . 8000 . 51 . 10" stamped on it
and the smaller bracket is stamped "ID . 8000 . 51 . 20".

2) The single-piece bracket shown in the drawing underneath the real
brackets. These are front seat belt brackets from a '64 car and possibly
other years. They were also used in some FC center belt installations, as
the drawing shows.

I'm also looking for original type bolts from this era (should have "TR" on
the head) and original-type washers.

Thanks.