<VV> Fwd: [indyscca] Autocross report

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Sun Jun 24 22:00:42 EDT 2007

Now:
Late beats Early!
Michael and I just got home from Grissom AFB with our well tested and
nbroken(whew!) Corvairs.
veryone loved our Corvairs and our rivalry.
 Unfortunately for me, Michael beat me by 1.1 sec on a 65 sec. dry course. Over
he two days I won the cummulative two day score,  but in the dry, when it
ounted, he got me.
  We had morning and after noon sessions each day so it was basically 4 events
or $45.
reaking it up into four sessions gave us every possible racing condition;
ild rain, floods, very,very mild rain(asphalt like) and absolutely dry--lots of
eat time and experience--a months worth.
 The 4 sessions also gave us time to change things and do testing; which
ichael took great advantage of. He got to experiment with weight ballast and
uffler baffles.
  Both cars ran great. I was amazed by the power (15psi) of my 8/1,3100
ngine--turbos are addictive.
 In the dry session I experienced the very first case of the swing axle
uspension being my speed limit. The power and the grip contributed to the wear
n the outside edges of the rear tires(temporary positive camber). I had never
ad the grip to accomplish this before.
  Unfortunately, now I know that I can't beat Michael at the Convention with
he early---what to do--pray for rain and slick surfaces.?
  Being with the South Bend Region was great fun. The Course and the friendship
as great.
he intelligent course design even missed the bumps.
ext week end, the same location for the SCCA National Tour with the SCCA legal
700cc Yenko Stinger (and better rear suspension).
  I have absolutely no chance in CP with the 500 hp pony cars but will
houroughly enjoy competiting with them.
Warren

[...]

<*> Your email settings:
   Individual Email | Traditional