<VV> Stripped out helicoil

Grant43 at comcast.net Grant43 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 26 00:31:15 EDT 2007

Hello again fellas:
     Well, my head troubles have been narrowed down to three stripped head stud casings and a broken lifter.  Evidently when the head bolts came loose the valve train got sloppy enough to break the lifter.  Everything else appears to be OK.  I finally got the 'turkey baster' off and can see that two of the three stripped threads in the case have a helicoil already in them.  So...  what do you do when the case has already been tapped out and repaired and then pulls through again?  Is there an alternative type of repair in this case, do you just use an over sized helicoil for round 2 or do you just make the case a boat anchor?  Thanks again!

Grant Richardson