<VV> Re: Waterford Event / Top SECRET ???

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Jun 26 21:45:28 EDT 2007

At 06:33 PM 6/26/2007, Louis Armer wrote:

>Why has Warren L come on the list and indicated that this event is
>in danger of not happening?
>There has been NO communication on VV since Brian McNeill made an
>announcement on June
>12th. That is two weeks ago and nothing since until today. Poor
>communication, if there is a problem, is
>NEVER the answer to solving the problem. Let's keep everyone
>informed as this effects more than just
>the inner circle...............whoever that may be.

Okay, let's take a look at what Brian posted on June 12:

"The Time Trials at Waterford Hills for this years CORSA
International Convention is fast approaching.  At this time, the
Northeast Corvair Council (NECC) current registration figures are far
below the 'break even' point.  It is very, very important that anyone
who plans to particpate register now, or at least send an email
confirming your intent to drive at Waterford Hills to John Ryall at
jryall at juno.com.  Registration forms can be downloaded from the NECC
Website @ http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/page2.html

"Let's keep the Time Trials an integral part of the Corvair
hobby.  Waterford Hills is an excellent track, and the time trials
are truly an exhilarating experience for both novice drivers and
veterans alike.

"The cancellation date for the contract with Waterford Hills is
near.  It would be unfortunate if this event had to be
scratched.  Please help us get an accurate head count of drivers so
we can move forward with holding this unique Corvair driving experience."

So, on June 12 Brian indicated that registrations were lagging, that
the cancellation date was approaching, and asked for an indication of
support.  I don't see any poor communication there.  Warren's post of
today is merely a reinforcement of that message.

Fortunately, people have been responding, and while commitments are
still below the break even point, the NECC is optimistic as of today.

There's no mysterious "inner circle," just a small group of
volunteers.   But if you'd like some "insider" information, here's
where we stand as of June 26:

Drivers needed to break even:  32.

Drivers who have either registered or indicated their intent:  24.

--Bob Marlow
for the NECC