Fwd: Re: <VV> Ed Corson remembered

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 27 10:52:55 EDT 2007

     For those who didn't know, Ed was a F-101 Voodoo pilot in the USAF. He was in the 2nd FIS stationed at Suffolk Co AFB on Long island, NY. I was a crew chief there in 1965 -'66-and more than likely strapped him in to the cockpit more than once.

   He recently sent me some pictures of himself and his aircraft taken at the time by another Corvair enthusiast (Rick Norris) who probably armed his acft. It was my pleasure to communicate with Ed several times reminiscing about SCAFB and Corvairs.

   While some of you were enjoying yourselves in the 60's, Ed was keeping those pesky Russian bombers from our East coast with his nuclear armed Voodoo.

   Old pilots don't really die, they just fly with different wings. There are no rough landings.

MIKE KOVACS