<VV> re:48 mpg VW diesel...no Corvair

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 27 12:03:16 EDT 2007

I've been real happy with my Duramax over the last 2 years and the price
of diesel has finally been lower than gas for the last couple of months.
One thing I noticed is that the new (1/1/07) ultra low sulfur fuel
doesn't give as good mileage as the previous fuel. With todays gas I'm
not sure my Monza 140/4 gets much better mileage than my 2500HD
Silverado either around town or on the highway and the premium costs
20-40 cents more per gallon than diesel. I normally get 17-18 on the
highway and 14-16 around town with the diesel and my son gets 12-14
around town with my Corvair.

Mike Kost