<VV> re:48 mpg VW diesel...no Corvair

efki at verizon.net efki at verizon.net
Wed Jun 27 16:08:16 EDT 2007

The reason that diesel is costs more than the regular is the sulfur removal.
In California the ppm of sulfur has been going down and down. It somewhere
around 7/8 ppm. Before low sulfur was in the 1500 ppm range. By the way
taking all of the sulfur out is on par with taking the lead out of gasoline.

It's smog thing. I don't know how it is in other states, but here in Cal. a
trucker can be cited if they let their semi idle more than 5 min. Hum... I
wonder how the CHP writes all those tickets in rush hour traffic???lol

Eric