<VV> Corvair ramblings

Corvkid50 at aol.com Corvkid50 at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 12:20:40 EDT 2007

With the loss of our 3 pillers of the  Corvair world I'd like to take a
moment to express my sorrow to their family for  their loss. They will be sadly
missed. Had they not shared their experience with  others the hobby would have
suffered greatly. We thank you. I think this is a  good time to realize that our
future is in the younger members who are still in  the learning process.
Sometime's we must be reminded that. Take the time to help  them learn and grow
with the hobby. Without that we have no future. I have been  involved in many
groups and over all this is the best group I have ever delt  with. Most are
willing to go the extra mile to help a newbie fix a problem and  get another
Corvair on the road. I belong to a small club of less than 40  members and one of
the things that attract members is knowing they will have  extra hands on when
working on a Corvair. I would like to that all those people  that supply those
extra hands who helped me. Now it's my turn to supply those  extra hands.
That's why I have 2 engines in my garage from club members cars  being repaired.
I do it to pay back those who gave the time and energy to get me  going. I got
a lot of my knowledge from a Fantastic group of people from The  Corvais
Northwest based in Seattle WA. From that I was able to take some of  their ideas
and put them into action here in Wisconsin. I copied their idea of  the Corvair
Cavaly from them where a few members jump in the car with tools and  parts in
hand and go work on a members car to fix a problem. The only pay we  receive
is if they have the extra money they can donate what they wish to the  club
treasury. If not it's a gift from us to promote Keeping another Corvair on  the
road. Sometime to keep something we need to give it away. Again THANK YOU  all
for what I have received.
Ron T