<VV> Re: great american race is on again , sadly sans corvair

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Jun 29 06:39:41 EDT 2007

Tim
Actually, the Great Race starts tomorrow in downtown Concord, NC.
Steele Rubber Products is sponsoring "Miss Emma", an immaculate 1939
Cadillac Roadster. The same team (from NC) is also running a 1928 Ford
Speedster.

Race begins at 2PM on Saturday Afternoon, after all the pre-race hoopla is
over.

Yesterday we had "breakfast with Miss Emma" in the Steele Parking lot. Also
along was a 1939 Cadillac V-16 Formal Limo, formerly owned by Warner Bros.
Studios.  Called "Miss Leigh" It was purchased to take Clark Gable and
Vivian Leigh to the Premiere of "Gone with the Wind".  Also used to ferry
around other stars (saw a pic of Mae West in it) and used in several movies,
including The Godfather Part 1.  It is in original unrestored condition, and
it looked great.  I sat in it for a while the day before the public event.
Craftmanship is outstanding.

Hank