<VV> Next Corvair Generation

Connie hanssmom at cox.net
Fri Jun 29 18:07:52 EDT 2007

My 12 year old son has let me know since the beginning of this Corvair
affliction that he has the weirdest mom ever.  Two nights ago, the phone
rang and a very timid voice asked if he was home.  He picked up the phone
and from the instant he said hello, he morphed into this little "man" I had
never seen before.  Turns out, two girls from his class were having a
sleepover and decided to pass time by giggling at him on the phone.  This
was about 9:00 p.m., and I had previously told him we were going for a
therapy drive in the convertible as soon as it got dark.  After about 15
minutes of this newfound manhood, he informed the girls that he had to go as
we were going driving in the convertible.  He then hands the phone to me as
Mackenzie wants to talk to me.  Mac proceeds to tell me that she just LOVES
my car and how lucky my son is.  I hand the phone back to Mr. Macho, who
says, "Well, I have to go, but you can call me on the cell if you want."  Of
course the girls call, little man can't hear a thing, cuz the tops down.
This from a child who couldn't have cared less two weeks ago what our mpg
was or what the technical name for the paint color was.

Last night, late supper, KFC drive through:  "Mom, when I'm 16 can I have a
Corvair?"  He is now concerned with how in the heck we'll ever find another
one on the planet for him to drive.

I think the future of our cars is safe.

Connie

Iowa