<VV> Just my luck

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Jun 30 00:24:06 EDT 2007

Barry,

Congratulations on learning another life lesson:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

No need to replace head nuts without needing to remove heads. Just wait
until the need arises. Adding the Acorns without changing the nuts is fine.

I have reinstalled many a nut stuck on a stud when the stud unscrewed
instead of the nut. As long as they torque properly, everything will be
fine. Putting the stud in a vise to remove the rusted in place nut will
typically make the stud ugly with deep scratches. Unless you use a blue
wrench which will change the characteristics of the stud....

Frank DuVal

ps, to all you left coasters who don't know upper eastcoast terminology,
a blue wrench is an Oxy/Acetylene torch.