<VV> Deves rings

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Mar 2 19:30:36 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/2/2007 4:30:06 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
4carbcorvair at gmail.com writes:

After  reading about all of the negatives, or
possible negatives, I went with the  Deves rings.
http://www.deves.com/about.html

No news is good news.  :)

--
Ron Tinkham

Ron,
Maybe a good choice but are you aware of the negatives, or possible
negatives on Deves rings too? Here are some.....

The two compresion rings are cast iron and NOT steel at all. Read the Deves
description.

Clark's says not to use Deves rings on forged pistons.

As near as I can determine, there is no such thing as Swedish Steel. It is
only a marketing term to reference steel that might originate  in Sweden.

Regards,
Bob Helt
http://www.aol.com.