<VV> Valve cover racer OK in airline carry-on?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat Mar 3 15:48:38 EST 2007

At 07:38 AM 3/3/2007, John Beck wrote:
>Aside from the Roman chariot style spear point wheel spinners,

Uh, that should be *Greek* style chariot hub spinners.    ;)

>I don't
>think there's anything in the TSA Regs. about valve covers.  I say, go
>for it.  If nothing else, you can have races in the aisle to entertain
>your fellow passengers when you're stuck on a taxi way for seven hours.

There *is* that... :)    What's more, if you fly on a 747, the aisles
are made to order for valve cover racing since the airplane flies in
a nose-up attitude for most of the flight, isles tilt back towards
the assend of the airplane.     There's even a bulkhead in back to
keep the racer from barging into the galley.    MD-10 is similar,
also has the bulkhead etc.     All you need is someone else with
their own valvecover racer onboard.

Trouble is, most carriers don't fly the larger airplanes on domestic
routes unless it's a coast-coast flight.   You likely would get an
Airbus or a 737 or 757/767 etc or maybe even a Canadair regional
jet... and they fly kinda flat unless climbing.

tony..