<VV> 1965 MONZA COUPE SPOTTED

Vic Howard vichoward at frontiernet.net
Sat Mar 3 22:57:43 EST 2007

While on a recent trip to Phoenix, we passed through a small town about 125 miles west of Phoenix called Vicksburg. Mainly it is a very small collection of winter snowbirds and a large corporate cattle operation. Anyway, at the junction where you turn south off state highway 72 to connect to Interstate 10 there is a small swapmeet during the winter months. I noticed a late model coupe with a for sale sign in the window and pulled over to get the information and do a quick looksee. We were on a schedule where I had no time to really inspect  this car thoroughly but it appeared to be in pretty good physical shape, body wise. I opened the engine lid and it has a 140hp engine with a 4 barrel carb setup. Everything was very clean under the hood and looking thru the windows looked clean inside as well. There were no signs (visually) of rust in the wheelwells or at the corners of the doors and glass. I wrote down the phone number and today spoke with the man who is selling it. He says the owner was killed in a truck accident recently and he is assisting the father in disposing of this car. He says the mileage is 75000 and the engine had a complete rebuild about 500 miles ago. He claims it is an Arizona desert car and has absolutely no rust (his words), never been hit and is all original except for the 4 barrel carb. It had been  gray primerpainted via shaker can. The driver seat needs repair. The asking price is $5000 but there may be some room for negotiation.
>From a very brief view and examination, it appears to be a decent car but not worth $5000. Perhaps someone really interested could get more info, pictures, etc by calling 305-394-2681. I failed to get the gentlemans name but he did indicate he drove it from Parker , Ariz. (50+ miles) and it drove well. He stated his age as 82 yrs old.
Anyone interested should call him. I do not know this man or the car and only pass the information on in the event someone might be interested.
Vic Howard