<VV> Re. Re: Here we go again (Total Seal)

Duane, Jim (US SSA) jim.duane at baesystems.com
Mon Mar 5 13:34:58 EST 2007

FWIW, I did notice an appreciable difference in vacuum, but the stock
rings in my engine were gonzo!  I noticed the smoke stopped bellowing
out the oil cap, though!
	I also played with the crankcase vacuum line, removing it (and
the restrictor) to determine if the reduction of vacuum had an effect. I
need to get a plug for the oil line before I try my "oil-less" hot idle
test.  Could the pulses in the intake cause the turbo inlet seal to see
varying vacuum and that in effect causes the oil leak?  Is this
complaint just from turbo owners? Is Crawford offering Craig and me his
turbo to run the hot idle test?
	Come to think of it, we have a member in our local with a spare
turbo...AHA!  A lot safer to try another turbo than to run mine dry!
;>)

JED

A SMOKIN' '66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs