<VV> carburetors Dellorto 34mm

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 01:08:42 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/6/2007 5:14:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
korvayrouille66 at yahoo.com writes:

Has  anyone achieved a good result by using a pair of the single barrel Solex
34mm  with electric chokes.  This dual carb set up is marketed to the VW
crowd.  The Solexes are similar in size to the Rochester carbs.

I adapted a pair of Dellorto 34mm singles to the Corvair 110. I actually
helped my friend install it on his 110/PG. I believe the whole set-up went to
Dave Binnie, up in the great white North. (Canada) He was planning on building a
 blow-through turbo set-up with them. I used the hex cross shaft kit from
the CB Performance dune-buggy folks. The 34mm is a bit larger than the
Rochester. The rochester is about a 32mm as I recall 1.25" = (24.Xmm + 6.Xmm),  maybe
slightly larger then 32. But they worked fine. They used solid floats  which
is why the blow-through was attractive. I wouldn't attempt an adaptation  of
carbs today without installing a wide-band O2 sensor (borrowed or bought). It
should save you so much time in dialing it in. Dave may be able to comment on
their final performance. - Seth Emerson
http://www.aol.com.