<VV> the rescue of UV #377

Bonnzz at aol.com Bonnzz at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 17:54:27 EST 2007

Hey guys,
# 377 is on it's way to it's (her) new home in Zepherhills, Fla. Loaded on a
flatbed towing truck. It took 5 hours of hard work to get her out of the
woods.( only 250 feet ) The back drums were siezed solid, and the 4 WD forklift
kept getting dug into the sugar sand.....3 feet at a time. not to metion that the
rear end was sunk into the sand and we had to dig 3 foot deep holes just to
put the tires on.   the last license plate on her was 1989, so she was in the
woods for 18 years. she survived 2 bad hurricane seasons, 2004  Charlie,
Frances, and jean ,all within 6 weeks, and the 2005 season of katrina and ivan??   I
had to cut a large tree branch from her windshield and it fell 4 feet....the
glass had supported the tree's weight for 3 years, and no breaks or cracks. I
had to hook the tow chain to the rear motor mount as there is no frame or
bumpers to pull it with. One tranny bolt broke and the engine tilted to one side,
but kept the power train intact. I made a frame of 4 by 4's and supported the
tranny with a chain just to make sure the engine didn't fall to the ground.
All in all it took a total of 8 hours to get her on a flatbed to take her to her
new home.....My Corvair Karma is on the positive side now.....that's all I
wanted......I can e-mail pics if anyone is interested (I don' have a web site)
   Please contact if interested            _Bonnzz at aol.com_
(mailto:Bonnzz at aol.com)         Mark Kinnan  Lake Placid, FL
http://www.aol.com.