<VV> Re: [VV-talk] The Great Global Warming Swindle

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Mar 7 22:56:56 EST 2007

At 04:25 PM 3/7/2007, airvair wrote:
>Well, what I'm getting at is this. What if all the glaciers DO melt, and
>the ocean levels rise the predicted 30 feet?

The oceans will rise ~30 ft, actually a bit more depending on just
how much warming there actually is.   If it's only the glaciers, it's
not gonna be much more than a few feet.  If the polar caps melt (as
they certainly eventually will) it could be 40-50 feet, bringing the
coastline inland as much as a hundred miles or so, depending, mostly
on the Piedmont areas of the eastern seaboard.

>Do you know how much real
>estate is within 30 feet of sea level?

I absolutely do.  I also know EXACTLY where the "new" beaches will
be.  Again.    It's the same place they were for millions on years
before, until all that water got tied up in the polar ice caps.

>All of Florida will be one big
>underwater reef,

Most of it anyway...

>as will New Orleans,

N.O. is already "owned" by the Mississippi River.   It won't take a
warming trend to see it submerge.   Much of it is already below river
level already.

>Bengladesh, and countless other
>areas.

Yes they will.    And forget about ranting about it, nobody can stop
it.   Just the way nobody could stop the ice age, nobody's gonna stop
the warming trend and the ice melting again.    Nor will anyone stop
the next ice age that's gonna follow this one after it ends.

>Where are all the people going to go to?

Inland.

>All I can say is that at
>least (if the timetable predictions are correct) I won't live to see it
>all. LOL

This is true.  None of us are gonna see it.

It's gonna take thousands of years, folks...  ;)    Everyone has
plenty of time to move out and go somewhere else.

tony..