<VV> Front Tires

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Mar 9 14:00:20 EST 2007

At 05:44 AM 3/9/2007, Bruce Schug wrote:

>On Mar 9, 2007, at 7:49 AM, Bryan Blackwell wrote:
>
>>Short answer:
>>
>>Three factors affect whether a tire will fit - height, width, and
>>location in the wheelwell, which is controlled mostly by the wheels.
>>For most wheels, these tires are too tall and wide for the front.
>>They'll fit in the rear.  Your original choice should work pretty well.
>>
>>Long answer:
>>
>>http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html
>>
>>--Bryan
>>
>>On Mar 8, 2007, at 7:17 PM, Bill Kronen wrote:
>>
>>>Can anyone tell me if 225/60/R15 tires will fit the front end of a
>>>66 Monza and still have adequate clearence?  I had planned to put
>>>205/60/R15's on the front but found a great deal on four 225's
>>>that is hard to pass up.  They are BF Goodrich Radial TA's.  Much
>>>appreciate any info from someone who has 'been there, done that'
>>>Bill Kronen
>
>Bryan's answer is correct. I can't imagine a 225/60-15 will fit
>without the perfect wheel and some modification of the wheel well. A
>215 might, but not a 225.

It won't.   BTDT.   You can get it up in there if you're not afraid
of modifying the forward wheel well lip, and you *will* need to
modify it.   If you don't, the tire will do it for you at the first
tight turn.   You also, as mentioned, will have to use THE RIGHT
wheel.    My advice, go with a 205...  still plenty of tire and it
will fit without sheet metal work.    You can get as much as a 265 on
the back, BTDT too, tight fit but it does fit, but the front won't
take as much tire.  In fact it really doesn't need that much
tire.  The 205s will work well in front.

tony..