<VV> Question about 140 exhaust tubes

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Mar 10 13:03:42 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/10/2007 10:45:41 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
ral1963 at comcast.net writes:

Are the  exhaust tubes from the 65-67 non smog 140 motors that same as
the 68 or 69  140 Smog motors?

I heard someone say that they were a different  material to handle the
higher temps that were experienced with the smog  setup.

Didn't sound right to me but, I wanted to hear other  opinions....

Rick Loving

Rick,
Take a look at Bob Kirkman's cyl head article in the CORSA Tech  Guide.
There you will see that the smog heads had stainless steel exh  tubes. These were
probably necessary to eliminate the corrosive effects of the  hydorcarbon
burning in the tubes and exh mainfolds.

Regards,
Bob Helt
http://www.aol.com.