<VV> Re:PG CORVIAR POWER ON VW FLOORPAN

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 17:15:26 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/15/2007 1:31:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
TimogensTurbo at aol.com writes:

It's  called a Hadley Trans-Vair Kit......out of production....easy to
make...

There were several Trans-Vair kits by Hadley Chassis Engineering. The first
one was a Type 1 conversion. The subframe bolted to the back of a Baja Bug
conversion's rear torsion Bar assembly and placed a complete Swing Axle (as I
recall) Corvair powerpack (PG or Stick) in place of the VW. It really
transformed the rear of the bug. The one that transformed the Type II  Bus/camper
(1968 or later) was the Hadley kit I installed in late  1974. My wife and I drove
the 110/PG VW Camper to the Corsa Convention in  Seattle, 1975, and across
western Canada to Banif, and Calgary, Alberta.  - Seth Emerson