<VV> stuff on VV now 4dr hardtops are great

nicolcs at aol.com nicolcs at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 13:08:29 EST 2007

<snip>
4drs make for good parts cars - except you end up with a bunch of "stuff"
only 4dr owners would want.  They are probably the most "rare" of all
Corvair owners,  besides, they already have multiple copies of that stuff.

Later, JR<unsnip>

Yes, this seems to be true, but sometimes it works the other way. My '67 Sedan had its motor removed in about '73 or '74, no doubt to "save" a coupe of some sort.  The coupe is not doubt used-up and long gone, but the sedan was stored (in a barn) for over 25 years.  When I got it in 2001 (less powertrain of course), I had a well preserved low mileage car that turned out to be a COPO (non-standard) color combination.  I put a 140/4 in it and now I have a really neat car.  In the Corvette world, the really cool, original cars are mostly low-horse automatics that nobody wanted to "fool with".  Perhaps this will happen with (late) Corvair sedans some day.
Craig N.