<VV> Wiring Harness Questions

GYoungwolf at aol.com GYoungwolf at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 14:58:06 EST 2007

I am replacing a mangled, spliced, rigged, and burned rear wiring harness in
a 1965 convertible with a new replacement harness. I ran into a couple of
problems: one electrical and one physical. The electrical has to do with the fact
that the PO installed an electronic ignition. It has wires going from the
distributor to the control unit and from the unit to both sides of the coil. The
mangled harness I removed had only one wire to the coil, and of course the
replacement has two. I do not have the instructions for the electronic system and
don't know whether to hook up one or both or neither harness wires? And if
only one, which? Didn't want to do the trial and error thing on the chance that
it might ruin the box.
The second problem has to do with the installation of the tail lights. The
backup sockets just popped right in place, but I cannot get the tail lights to
lock in place. There is a small tab on the sockets and a notch in the metal
light housing, but they do not seem to want to mate. What am I missing?
Thanks for any insight,
Grant Young