<VV> Ultimate Wheels on a Corvair

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 20 12:11:00 EST 2007

I've still got the magazine somewhere.  If you really need to know how it
was done I can see if I can dig it out.  I believe they had to modify the
rear suspension to make the 10" wide wheels fit.

IMHO, 16's are as far as I'd go.  With the 18's it starts to look like a Hot
Wheels toy and the 'vair suspension was designed with some of the compliance
coming from the tire's sidewalls.

Here's Rob Hall's LM turbo coupe sporting some 16" Saltflats.
 <http://tinyurl.com/2lzfmq> http://tinyurl.com/2lzfmq

OTOH, (being one myself) anything that gets a younger person interested in
'vairs is worth encouraging.

Regards,
Joel