<VV> '67 Telecolumn - '65-'65 Holy Cow

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Mar 22 17:59:17 EST 2007

There's a number of parts in the Corvair tele columns, both '65-6 and
'67-9 designs that fit a Corvette. However, what the Corvette guys do is
rob only those parts and then pitch the rest. Thus it denies the Corvair
community of these accessories. Reason enough NOT to sell one to a known
Corvette person. Pretty soon, Corvair people are going to end up paying
Corvette prices for certain parts.

Speaking of which, I found out that the Boyne switch that is used in ALL
'67-9 Corvairs also fits '67-8 Corvettes. Which is why the new repops
are high dollar, and probably also the reason they are available at all.
Kind of a double-edged sword, so to speak. It's happening already.......
:o(

Now if only we could get the 'Vette people to NOT pitch the parts they
don't use..... At least leave us with SOMEthing....

-Mark