<VV> Number 5996

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Mar 23 22:03:30 EST 2007

At 02:40 PM 3/23/2007, airvair wrote:
>Possibly A.J. Stone.
>
>-Mark
>
>Tony Underwood wrote:
> >
> > At 10:31 AM 3/23/2007, kcvair at netscape.com wrote:
> > >I owned this car from 1991 to 1999 and it was a very nice
> car.  Ken Clark, Bloomington, In,
> >
> > Who had the car at the '69 Reunion gathering at the CPF Museum in May
> > of '99?

Likely... it was wearing VA plates "5996" at the time.

That car has gotten around.    So have a few other '69s from
Stone.   One of them, a LeMans Blue Monza is still sitting behind the
barn, paint fading and oxidizing, current owner having borrowed some
storage space for the car and it's still sitting, untouched for over
two years now, really needs for someone to learn to love it and do
something with it before it goes to seed.    There were two '69s
there he bought from AJ Stone (he currently drives a 3rd '69 500 he
bought from Stone's fleet), one (a maroon 500 w/4-sp) recently sold
to somebody in Florida who made it into an autocrosser.    The blue
one remains sitting, slowly beginning to start moldering away, still
a very solid car but it needs to be acquired and something done
before the metal mites find it.   Paint's getting pretty damned
thin...  I'd buy it myself and do something with it if I didn't
already have too many projects... and if I could afford it; spent all
my "spare" money on parts and another car already.

It's complete and unmolested, even the smog gear is all still
there.   Original interior ain't bad at all, dash pad could use
help.    Solid floors and sheet metal, does have a few small dents
and dings here and there, nothing to worry over.    Paint is shot,
bad.   Brown patina starting to show through on the deck lids and roof.

If anybody is interested, e-mail wwashusa at cox.net.     I'd like to
see the car get done up, certainly deserves it.

tony..