<VV> 64 Engine in 65 Corsa

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 24 00:26:12 EST 2007

I piddled with the 64 engine tonight.  I think I found out why the guy
traded with me so quickly.  (I let go of a non-running non-titled 61
Lakewood for a running titled 64 coupe)

Installed oil, cranked for 3 secs the other night.  1/2 quart of oil under
it today.  Mounted it in my Corsa, and was wiping down the oil, just looking
for leaks.  1/2 of the drain tubes move - can't feel any o-rings at all -
pure metal to metal.  LOL  Pretty obvious the engine has never had any work
done to it.  Absolutely nasty.  (Yes, I took care and wore gloves when
cleaning the pan of that silver sludge)

Luckily, I have an engine seal set.  Already replaced the pan gasket.  This
is my last weekend to work on it before St. Augustine.  Guess I'll be under
it for an extra 2 hours tomorrow.  Just wish I had some painted push rod
tubes ready.

Barry
Couldn't sleep, and doing research, thought I'd share.