<VV> 64 Engine in 65 / Oil leaks

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 01:13:06 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/23/2007 10:26:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bars84crx at hotmail.com writes:

> 1/2 of the drain tubes move - can't feel any o-rings at all -
> pure metal to metal.

SNIP

>  Just wish I had some painted push rod tubes ready.

Normally the tubes are  STUCK  tight  when aged and having cooked "O-rings" [
original Buna-M's]
Hope you don't find what a few have...  someone's reamed the holes in the
head and block!  WHY??  no ones ever figured out why..

Painted PR  tubes.......old wives tale..her name is Richard F.  !!!    New
oils..no need to worry about cooking the oil!

Besides..if you do the job right..you'll never be under there again!!!  LOL!!

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!