<VV> Why glue in an EM padded dash?

Steve Brennan alohaz at ca.rr.com
Sat Mar 24 13:54:15 EST 2007

Anyone ever try just setting and EM padded dash in place and letting the moulding, speaker surround, ash tray, dash panel and radio housing hold it in place?  Or if need be, just a spot or two of glue on top of the humps.  I have one ready to go in, with the metal dash all prepped and have installed the trim per Clark's instructions.  Now I am wondering what is the prob with just letting all this metal hold it in place so as to not screw up the big glue job.  Any thoughts???:

Thanks,
Steve Brennan
1962 Spyder Coupe