<VV> 64 Engine in 65 / Oil leaks

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 24 17:04:19 EST 2007

It strikes me as being a bit like yellow sunglasses.  Because they block the
blue part of the spectrum, they increase the contrast of what is being
viewed.  However, they do it by blocking the blue end of the spectrum,
making thing that reflect blue light DARKER, so in fact you have less
visable light entering your eye, so you are seeing less.  It just fools the
brain because it has increased the contrast level.

I can't grasp how an extra coating on the push rod tubes would help them
radiate more heat.  To me, it's just another insulating layer the heat from
the oil has to pass through before it can "get out".  And as for the old
"half the tubes white VHT", I guess it would depend on what was more
reflective, the bare shiney metal, or the VHT white.

Regards,
Joel