<VV> color blind...

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 19:55:24 EST 2007

  The idea behind painting a radiator (or push rod tubes) white, if in fact they are,
  is that white paint would reflect incident light making them more efficient.

  However (I mean howeverrrrrr), in the "real world" you could paint them zebra stripes,
  (mine are camouflaged), orange or green, because the primary mechanism
  of heat exchange of an automotive radiator (or in this case push rod tubes),
  and the atmosphere is __convection__ not radiation.

  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/convection

  It just does not get hot enough to radiate a lot of heat by radiation. Fans are atop
  all corvairs to increase air flow to increase __convection__

  Your air cooled clunker will quickly overheat if the fan belt breaks -- by the way has
  anyone painted the corvair cylinder heads polka dot green?
  I'm looking for some data here to see whether that
  "keeps your Corvair Alive" :))
  Regards,

  Tony I.