<VV> Re: headlights

wblanning at comcast.net wblanning at comcast.net
Sat Mar 24 20:54:00 EST 2007

I had a strange headlight problem on a '66 that turned out to be a poor connection where the wiring harness comes into the trunk.  The harness had not been fully seated from inside the car, although it looked okay from the trunk.  Wiggling the plug would cause the headlights to flicker.   Of course this effected both sides of the car, as opposed to just one side or high/low beam.

In this case, I believe the harness was never fully seated from the factory as I bought the car from the original owner, and I doubt if he ever had an occassion to remove the harness.  Its actually a bit hard to get it seated.  There is not much room under the dash to work and it requires a lot of pressure to get it seated.

Wade