<VV> Hinge color of EM

Robert Hawley iamrgh at charter.net
Sun Mar 25 03:51:59 EST 2007

I am in the process of repainting my 1963 Spyder conv back to its original Saddle Tan color and wonder if the hinges that hold up the lids in the engine and trunk compartments were painted body color or left black (like NOS pieces that I have seen)? Also, were the bolts that hold the hinges on painted or left natural?  Should the torsion bars that assist the trunk lid be finished with splatter paint or left in natural metal or some other color?  FWIW, the engine compartment was originally body color as this is a fairly early 1963 model.  Thanks for any input.  Bob Hawley (finally Spring in Kalamazoo)