<VV> Painting push rod tubes(pt2)

kwoodke at comcast.net kwoodke at comcast.net
Sun Mar 25 08:04:57 EST 2007

I feel like I am defending Mr Finch and I guess that's alright. Along with reminding all that the purpose of the white VHT paint on the head side half of the tubes was to insulate the tube from the exhaust tube heat, (which is so close that Chevy put a dent for clearance BTW), I meant to add that the reason behind this was to protect the Orings not to cool the oil. And he mentions the newer Viton rings. As I stated to someone it is a "belt and suspenders" approach. I don't intend on taking anything apart just to do this. But when I have an engine apart or just down to the tubes I will spend the time to do this. I have been thinking about this for 20+(?) years and it still makes perfect sense.
Thanks, Keith Woodke.