<VV> Stuck door on early convertible

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Mar 26 20:51:53 EST 2007

Is the latch, lock, inside or outside handle mechanisms the actual
broken part?

Usually the spring in the latch rusts away. Flood the latch as best you
can with spray lube of your choice, through the door panel opening and
the window opening. If it is just rusted and nor rusted away, theis may
actually fix the problem. But, sometimes lubricatiing and jiggeling will
coax a broken spring latch into opening. Then just replace the latch
with a used but lubricated one.

Frank DuVal