<VV> 1960 Alignment...

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Mar 27 20:58:58 EST 2007

I may be proven wrong here, but toe-out on the front wheels causes
wandering, not stability. Maybe it is the ammount of toe-out that is the
determination of stable vs wandering. The cases I've seen were
excessive, like 1/2" or more of toe out. I do agree that 0" of toe
in/out is OK for many radial tire applications even on rear wheel drive
cars. Which side of 0" you set toe to is also determined by how the play
in the front end is taken up when the car is in forward motion. Hence
why many front wheel drive cars have slight toe-out, and rear wheel cars
are slightly toe-in.

Frank DuVal