<VV> LM fender identification

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 28 10:09:07 EST 2007

 I have a complete LM left front fender that I purchased at a swap meet a few years ago. It is a 65,66,67. There is a device on the inside the fender near the front that I cannot identify. It is not a convertible canister mount.

   It has a metal plate welded onto the front of the inner fender and another bracket on top of it held to the inner fender flange (where the inner fender is welded to the trunk) with 2 bolts.

   There is another part of this bracket that has a bolt welded to it like there was something mounted to it.This is a factory device as the old splatter paint is over sprayed on it.

   Could it have been for an A/C car with this gadget being used to hold the jack and handle?? Unfortunately a part of the bracket was sawed off (when the fender was removed?) , making a SWAG difficult.

MIKE KOVACS