<VV> 64 Perf Update

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:54:20 EST 2007

Wow guys, thanks for the quick plethora of ideas.

One vote for the valves might be to tight.  I static adjusted these, 5/8's
turn.  After pumping up they ran quietly so I didn't think much of it.
I'll try and find time this afternoon to adjust running.

Had a couple of votes for the coil.  BTW, the coil is mounted on the brace
attached to back of the cove.

One vote for the engine is just slap worn out - forgot to add this to the
spec list.  When I first cranked this 64 for the 1st 50-75 miles, I was
getting oil out the dipstick.  I took an old oil cap (not my powdercoated),
drilled a hole thru it and installed a tube to a bottle.  Since then, no oil
in the bottle and very little out the dipstick.  Seems the blowby has
stopped.  I don't get oil out the dipstick now.

I even had an offer to borrow a known working set of autocross carbs,
complete with cross shaft!

Barry