<VV> Rampside in Pittsburgh

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Thu Mar 29 16:40:15 EST 2007

Today I stopped to talk to a fellow who has a "nice" 1961
Rampside. It is up on jack stands off Rt. 51 just south of
the Liberty Tunnel in Pittsburgh. He said he "restored" it
two years ago but it was caught up in the flood that we
had about that same time. Seems that the engine and fuel
system were damaged by the standing water. He says not
much bondo was used to restore this truck, but it doesn't
look all Corvair shaped to me. Yeah, you could buy it.
Needs an engine rebuild and a gas tank and who knows what
else. Price? Only $12,000. Ouch! Does that mean that my
Crampside is worth $6000??? - Caveman Pete