<VV> gas tank leak (a tip - but also humor)

cjcavitt at comcast.net cjcavitt at comcast.net
Tue May 1 15:03:28 EDT 2007

another tip: when cutting a corvair in half remember that there are fuel lines running under the car :( Ya i know seems pretty obvious. a few years ago at cu i was working late scrapping out a early vair and the scrapper couldnt fit the car on his load so he pulled out a torch as i just sat back and watched him cut in half not thinking of the fuel lines. WOW! what a fire ball, what to do? well for me that would be run in the other direction screaming but hay who's to say that was the wrong thing to do? until i realized i was about to lose a whole lot of inventory if i didnt go back, plus what was i going to tell lon when the fire department called him? It would be real hard to say ya you know how i have parted out over a thousand vairs well i guess i finally realized with the motor in the back and the tank in the front, there must be lines in the middle, ya that doesnt fly :(  curt

From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>