<VV> Auto Recalls (all except 1960) now Steering shaft bearing recall

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue May 1 15:58:20 EDT 2007

Hey guys,
The 1967 Corvair recall was a serious matter... it had something to do with
one of the bearings in the steering column. The race would get cockeyed and
would actually cut THROUGH the steering shaft if neglected very long. It only
affected a small number of '67s, but I know of one that slipped through the
cracks... one of the guys in the Cincinati club (Roger Jennings, some of you guys
know him) had a 67 convertible that his son Jon was moving out of the garage
and the steering wheel just started spinning... the shaft was cut right in
half.... at least it didn't happen on the road!
I think someone might have the VINs for the faulty cars, but I have no idea
how you would tell if the replacement bearings have been installed.
Who keeps track of that stuff anyway?
Later,
Lonzo... no '67s

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Kentucky Corvair
1961 Greenbrier
1963 Greenbrier
1964 700 sedan
1969 Monza coupe