<VV> Recall Notice

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 00:44:29 EDT 2007

So, like a good citizen I get hold of the recall notice, print it out and take it to my Chebby dealer.  It has no end date on it and it does refer to an NHTSA official safety recall.....

What, good sirs and m'aam do you think will be the reception I get at the Service Dept. of Buddy Foster Chevrolet?

 Make :    CHEVROLET    Model :    CORVAIR    Year :    1964      Build Dates :     -       NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number :    71V224000     Date Owner's  Notified: 19711208   Date Received by  ODI: 19711203   Date Added to  Databse: 19791012      Manufacturer's Involved:    GENERAL MOTORS CORP.      Manufacturer's Responsible for the Recall:    GENERAL MOTORS CORP.      Manufacturer Campaign Number:          Component:    VISIBILITY:DEFROSTER/DEFOGGER SYSTEM      Potential Number Of Units Affected :    679900      Summary:
              Consequence:
              Remedy:
             Report  Initiator: ODI  Vehicles  Report     Regulation Part  Number:   Federal Motor Vehicle  Safety Standard Number:        Notes:
       CUSTOMERS CAN  ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION&#65533;S  AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).
                                                                                                                                                                            Since it doesn't say exactly what's wrong, or how to fix it, or even refers to a service bulletin, I'm inclined to treat it as just another peice of government gobbledygook, but who knows, maybe the good folks at Buddy Foster will do more than laugh me off the lot.

Arjay Morgan
64 Monza convert