<VV> Canadian GM car names--assistance provided NO CORVAIR

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Wed May 2 19:53:28 EDT 2007

Hank, Canadian Pontiacs were built on Chevrolet platforms and all the
weatherstripping would be the same as Chevy.
Parisienne=Impala
Laurentian=Bel-Air
Strato Chief=Biscayne

Acadian=ChevyII

Beaumont=Chevelle (except '63 when Beaumont was the higher trim level of an
Acadian)

Ford Frontenac='60 Falcon
Meteor (name used from the late 40s thru '64 on full-size Ford equivalent
line of cars with model names like "Richeliu", and from '62 on a Ford
Fairlane equivalent.)

then there's whole slew of Chrysler products I'm a little foggy on, but were
usually just U.S. cars with different front sheetmetal.

Mercury trucks were Fords. (I'm still kicking myself for passing on a '63
Merc Unibody w/big back window and an NOS Mercury Unibody (specific)
tailgate. RRRare!

yea, Vairily ... Shaun