<VV> Re: Vair Fair - Class of the field

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu May 3 17:23:51 EDT 2007

At 08:39 AM 5/3/2007, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/3/2007 6:51:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>bryan at skiblack.com writes:
>You'd better enter it in the show!
>
>--Bryan (yep, there's a beater class)
>
>On May 3, 2007, at 4:21 AM, Tony Underwood wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering who besides myself I'd embarrass if I show up in my
> > '60 4-door.
>

>I guess what Tony is looking for is a "Beaten" class. <grin> -Seth

I avoid that sort of thing.

Last time I took the '60 to a show, it unofficially "won" the Beater
class via write-in and I hadn't even entered it.   All I did was park
it in the lot next to the rest of the Corvairs that attended the
event.    Seems a number of people just wrote down the license number
on their score card.

The show organizers called me over to tell me I'd received the votes
but since I hadn't registered the car, the votes didn't count.

Suited me just fine...    ;)    I get enough flak about the car as it is.

...I still think it was an "inside job", perpetrated by those who
keep telling me to paint the car.

tony..