<VV> What to do with old Corvair seat belts? Fun!

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Thu May 3 16:23:54 EDT 2007

I hear this all the time.  How is driving a 40 year old car with no air
bags, no collapsible steering column, no dual master brake cylinder, no
shoulder harnesses, no head rests, and no antilock brakes made any more safe
by replacing the seat belt webbing?  How often should seat belt webbing be
replaced, anyway?  According to some of the stuff I have read it is only
good for two years.  If that is true, then most of the cars in the US
probably have defective seat belts.

Who makes up this stuff?

Bill Hubbell