<VV> Welded vs. Bolted flywheels

W Halsey hihal at adelphia.net
Thu May 3 17:22:23 EDT 2007

I have a welded flywheel that came out of a 66 110 previously owned by a
mechanic at the local Chevy dealer (Beckley WV). My dad was the second
owner of the car. He gave it to me to salvage after an accident which is
when I discovered the welded flywheel. The car had about 50K at the
time. The welds weren't the neatest I ever saw but apparently were good
enough. The flywheel is stored somewhere in my garage with all the other
Corvair stuff I have accumulated.

Wade Halsey