<VV> My First Antique Car Show

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 18:27:55 EDT 2007

                                         B"H

This past Sunday, the New York Antique Auto Club
sponsored their annual antique auto show at Queens
Farm, in New York City.

I received an e-mail from Long Island CORSA Chapter
member Matt Maloney inviting me to join the other Vair
guys from Long Island and bring my 'Vair.

We had a great time.  I didn't count the number of
cars total, but there probably around 50-75.  There
was a very big variety of cars, from Seventies models,
down to Model As.  I counted 4 Impalas of various
vintages, one Ford Galaxie 500, a few 55-56-57 Chevys,
etc.  All were scattered in different parts of the
field, so there were no dedicated model sections,
except one....

Matt suggested I get there around 9:00 AM two hours
before the show started, so we could group our cars
together.  And we did!  All the 'Vairs were in one
prominent section of the field, and everyone who
stopped by enjoyed looking at our cars, asking
questions, offering compliments.  We had, if I
remember correctly, around 7 Vairs of different years,
including a white '62 (the only early), most seemed to
be '65s or '66s, a couple of 'verts and the rest were
coupes.  I met a lot of nice folks there whom I hope
to get to know better, but I didn't write anyone's
names down so I'll have to meet the guys again (they
invited me to join the Long Island chapter) and
associate the names with the faces.  But I did spend
some time shmoozing with Matt, as well as Wayne
Weiner, who brought his cherry-red '66 Monza.  Matt
also has a '66 Monza with an amazing paint job...i've
never seen such a gorgous shine like that!  He was
impressed that my car was the latest-production Vair
he's encountered...

It was really cool with all us driving into the show
together!

Regards...Bill Hershkowitz
69 Monza Coupe #5056 110 PG