<VV> engine fan paint

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Fri May 4 09:36:27 EDT 2007

Mark, I have found that the rattle-can clear coat is not tough enough for
the fan's environment (hi-speed grit and all), nor does it stick tenaciously
enough to the magnesium.

I have had success in the past with sand blasting the fan first, then
coating with catalyzed two-part clear (same stuff as used in base/clear
paint jobs). It holds up much better.

Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan