<VV> Question or two..

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 7 16:07:30 EDT 2007

Years ago, when dropping the engine I forgot to un-hook the fuel line just
outside the engine compartment.  The line up over the rear axel is not
strong enough to support the engine.  ;-)  So, when I bent everything back
into a semblance of its original shape, the little piece of fuel line that
joins the two hard lines wanted to take on a sort of "Z" shape.  Looked
usable to me.  However, what happened is that after 10-12 miles that line
would get warm and soften up.  The "Z" shape made it pinch closed and shut
off the flow.  Once it cooled off, it would be fine.

The point of all that is to suggest you look at / replace the little rubber
hose up under the driver's side rear wheelwell.  It might be closing up or
it might be leaking air when it warms up.  Either problem is enough to
defeat the mechanical pump, but might not stop the electric from working.

NOTE:  Nothing said above or in any of my other posts, past or future,
should be construed as endorsement of the foolish idea of replacing a
perfectly good mechanical pump with a noisy, unreliable, dangerous device
developed by some demented Electrical Engineer.  The protection of
Electrical Engineers by the American Disabilities Act does not extend to
mandatory use of their products.

Roger (BSME)