<VV> Rear bearings grease

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Tue May 8 16:25:39 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <BobHelt at aol.com>

Subject: Re: <VV> Rear bearings grease
> In a message dated 5/7/2007 9:21:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> dmonasterio at megared.net.mx writes:
>
> Checked on my books but, couldn't find any reference to moly grease. Did I
> dream about it or my weak remaining neurones lost the path ? Anyways... Is
it
> a good idea using this grease for those bearings
> Daniel,
> Moly grease is great stuff. Feel free to use it anywhere you want. It's
just
> that it might not blend with any old grease, so clean out the old stuff
> first.
> Regards,
> Bob Helt
**********
Also should be mentioned re: moly (grease, powder, etc. ) is that is loves
to stick to almost anything, that is one reason it works so good ...  the
bad news it will also stick to your skin, your clothes, your new tennys,
your car paint ( kinda pretty, tho, when rubbed out .... I suspect it would
make a decent finish .. kinda silver when finished and waxed ... I put it on
a lot of my bullets ... ) ....

I have former friends to whom I recommended moly .... they never forgave me,
what the heck, they were probably girly boys anyway ...  you know the kind
... they wear white gloves when changing plugs ... anyway, they got their
white sailcloth slacks all smudgy ...

*********
a thought... a little moly goes a long long way ... it only coats about one
molecule thick, so I can coat 1000  6mm bullets with an aspirin sized pellet
of moly powder ...  I have always thought about adding it to the motor oil,
but thought I might have trouble fouling the plugs ... anybody been so
daring ... ??  I believe gmc cam install lube is moly based ...